Monday, January 2, 2012

A bunch of pillows

It's been a long time since I've done a sewing project so I'm not sure where the confidence came from to do this one, another example of me getting crazy ideas!  Found a really cute quilt at Gardner Village and decided to do a new bed set for my mom's guest room for Christmas.  So, I picked the colors and went at it, with a little help from Google image search and reluctantly Pinterest (still haven't hopped completely on the bandwagon).
Pillow #1 (and technically 2):
The Euro Shams.  The fabric is almost a corduroy but that sounds not pretty for pillow fabric so we'll call it textured in stripes.  Color is brown but has hints of gold in the right light.

Pillow #2:
The Petal Pillow.  Made completely out of felt (but the kind with wool in it so it's stiffer).  Started with 5 1/2 in petals on the outside and went down from there.  Started sewing the petals down but once it got too fluffy turned to the glue gun.

Pillow #3:

The Ruffle Pillow.  And since I don't actually pin things when I use Pinterest I can't even tell you who I got this idea from, I have horrible blogging manners, but whoever she is left the edges unfinished but I decided not to to keep the design a little less casual.  I did leave the top serged edge showing and just including the serge in the flower to tie it together.  Props to Natali and her fine ruffling skills!

Pillow #4:

The Buttoned Sham.  Wanted to make this one a little more formal to tie everything together but let's be real, the buttons are the only thing formal about it.  Love the fabric pattern though.  And no hand sewing involved except for sewing on the buttons, huge plus!

And the final result:

Merry Christmas Mom!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Love the flower pillow! Good job:)