Saturday, January 12, 2013

survived arrival

well, five days down and spirits are still high.

i flew in to boston tuesday morning after a tearful goodbye to my family, leaving behind all but what would fit into four suitcases (i just couldn't make three work. . . ). most called me brave or full of faith, i like to call it a little on the crazy side but then again that sounds like me.

natali and i took the red eye from slc to jfk, so glad she was there to hold my hand! i went on to boston. one of my worst fears: losing my luggage. including having someone walk off with it. worst fear: confirmed. there i was waiting with my push cart thing, bag #1, bag #2, waiting, waiting. nothing. panic began to set in as i found the baggage claim office. between jfk and bos i'd decided to take a later flight rather than trying to make a tight connection. so what did my luggage decide to do? take the earlier flight. bag #3 and #4 sat waiting for me. how nice of them!

a taxi drive and $60 later i pulled up to my new home. lexington, ma. sounds so distinguished. i'm living with a couple who rents out four, sometimes five, of their rooms to people in transition. the perfect set up for getting settled. minus the commute. they give piano lessons in the evenings and stay up late chatting with us. so comfortable here. their home is beautiful. after being so tired from a red eye flight all i wanted was a shower and nap. there i was in the shower, looked up, and saw crown molding. and i smiled. that was a very good sign.

No comments: