Sunday, January 13, 2013

a little goodbye

sometimes i don't change things because i'm afraid of what i'll miss. goodbyes are never easy especially when this last year has taught me more about loving and caring for people, and yes getting attached, than i ever thought possible. how could i leave that? my nieces and nephews are young, how can i miss out on them growing up? but i have to grow up too. and sometimes that means leaving family and friends behind, saying a prayer of faith, and moving across the country to pursue a dream. 

it's not easy to leave a place that taught me to love and to do so in ways even i didn't think possible. to leave a place where my testimony of my savior's love grew immensely and was manifest time and time again for others as well as for myself. and to leave a group of people that taught me to accept love, that i was cared about and had something to offer. how could life be any better than what i was already experiencing? 

but with work being such a big part of my life, a part of my life that i did not love or even somewhat enjoy, and a part of my life that i had complete control over, a change was needed. good things take work and sacrifice and an investment of time and emotion. and i need to continue making investments of myself to see those good things in all areas of life.


i shouldn't doubt that the lord intends to continue blessing my life and good things will continue to come, for me as well as for those i love and won't see as often as i once did. 

but still, goodbyes aren't easy.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Loving these updates Kerri. You are so great. Love you!

The Taylor LIfe said...

Kerri, sister I love you! And I loved reading this post, good byes are hard, and just reading this brought back tears. I am excited for your new adventure. Please keep writing these posts, it is so much fun to hear about your life over there. We need to set up a skype date.