Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Sugar Cookies. . . from a pouch?!

I sort of feel like I have to start this out defending myself but I'm not going to.  I've been thinking about taking a cake decorating class just for fun and keep seeing them on the schedule at the local cooking store but never get signed up before the class is full.  I noticed one starting in September but didn't get over to the store to sign up until yesterday, the day before the class started, at 7:45 pm, fifteen minutes before the store closes.  As I'm signing up the cashier says, you'll also need the Wilton Basics Student kit, decorator icing, and half a dozen sugar cookies.  I think she's warning me of the extra stuff I'll need for the class before I sign up but then I ask, 'For tomorrow's class?'  You bet.  Sweet.  So I bought the student kit and decorator icing right there, yes, I bought the decorator icing in a tub, similar to the kind you buy from the grocery store complete with a foil seal.  The shame.  It gets worse.  How was I going to get sugar cookies when I had to work all day and the class starts at 6:30?  I am 25 years old and my first thought was to call my mom.  My only defense is that she's so great and pulls through for me all the time when I fail to plan that she's enabled me to have that thought.  But I had to go to the grocery store before I went home so I first checked the bakery to see what they had then did something I've never done before. . . bought a pouch of Betty Crocker's sugar cookie mix.  Absolutely nothing wrong with Betty Crocker but when it comes to sugar cookies they are only mediocre and I don't do mediocre sugar cookies.  I'm justifying myself because I really just need something to practice my shells and rosettes on and that's what I get for not planning better.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow you are so funny!! I love to read your blog!! you have so many talents, I don't think you need more classes!! :)