Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy Birthday/St. Patrick's Day Katie!

My little sister, Katie's, birthday is on St. Patrick's Day. How cool is that? A holiday that most don't really celebrate has become kind of fun the last couple years whether it be a completely green surprise dinner or just a fun birthday cake. I found a way cute cake decorating idea on the Wilton web site and not being a very experienced cake decorator, went to Kitchen Kneads to find someone who could teach me. This cake used Color Flow icing for the leprechaun which I had never even heard of. Kitchen Kneads suggested a lady named April so I called her up and she was super nice and let me come over for a couple hours the Saturday before St. Patrick's Day to make the leprechaun.
Katie actually wanted a Cheesecake so she didn't really appreciate the cuteness of the cake but it was fun making it anyway! Quick cake decorating tip: put one small box of pudding in the cake mix to make the cake more dense and easier to decorate.

1 comment:

tash said...

wow you are such a good homemaker kerri! I am just in awe of your many talents.